Help for the Performance Test and Essay Portions of the Bar Exam

Most people fail the Bar on the written aspects, so teaching people how to attack and perform the written portions of the Bar is precisely what I address in this blog. 

I've done all that I can to put everything out here for you and without any ads because I care. This might seem cheesy, but it's how I truly feel inside. This blog is a gift to my former self. It's the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that I tried to find (but without any luck) while I was studying for the Bar. 

Sadly, all I uncovered were tutors whose only accolade was passing on the first try (which I don't think is an accolade for teaching others since those people never saw their scores, so they don't know how they did on the writing at all). And, more frustratingly, these people wanted THOUSANDS of dollars.  

Plus, so many of these tutors did precisely what this blog is meant to fight. They talk about the "whats" without addressing the "hows." It was infuriating.

I have had people contact me after finding this blog, asking whether I could tutor them privately. 

Although this is always very flattering, tutoring takes up so much time, and I had to stop... BUT I've created something else that I hope is even more effective than one-on-one tutoring.

I created two courses that each focus upon the "hows" of the written parts of the Bar. If you're curious, you can find the step-by-step writing formula for the Performance Test at http://performancetestpassport.com/, which is live and ready to go. For essays, my course will soon be ready at http://theessaywritingformula.com/. I'll update this post as soon as it's ready; it's only weeks from going live.

Finally, I have my own e-book, which I wrote myself and rigorously edited. I poured my heart into it, and it spells out everything that a person needs to do to pass the Bar. I don't go into teaching the law because there are full Bar-prep courses for that. BUT I go through the specifics of how to attack the Performance Test as well as how to write up your essays in a way in which the Bar graders are expecting. I also have specific recommendations and tips about MBE resources. You can find the e-book here: Passing the Bar Exam.

The online courses (Performance Test Passport and The Essay-Writing Formula) are great because you have constant access and can pause, rewind, practice, go back to any parts where you need a refresher, etc. In that sense, I hope that these courses are even more effective and practical than live one-on-one tutoring.

Back in the day, I wanted someone to sit down with me personally and give it to me straight: the good, the bad, and the ugly. I was beyond annoyed when I'd take a practice essay through a big Bar-prep course only to get a low grade with the single word "Analysis!" written at the top. 

What the hell did that even mean!? The fact is, everybody believes that they're already providing an analysis, but they're not taught how to put it together the right way.

Back then, I needed for someone to tell me what my bad patterns were and, most importantly, how to change them. It would have been invaluable. I felt that there had to be a formula out there but that I was just missing it. "The formula!!! Could somebody please clue me in without charging me a ton of cash that I simply don't have!?" Again, though, this was just nowhere to be found. There were lots of promises with little substance: lots of "whats" without any "hows."

My courses give you the formula for the written portions of the Bar. Like this blog, they along with my e-book are a gift to my former self. They are what I wished I'd had back when I was studying for the Bar. And now, I've created it for you so that you can avoid the frustration and pain that often goes hand-in-hand with the Bar.

I wish all of you the best of luck. I am in your corner. I am rooting for you. And I'm doing all that I can (short of one-on-one tutoring) to give you what you need to pass the Bar exam.

You can do this. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or email me directly at jessie@jessiezaylia.com



Comments